Are you looking to download facetime for PC?
Then you are in the right place. We have found the best method to download FaceTime app for windows pc.
|File Name||Facetime for windows-macos|
|File Size||37 MB|
|Requirements||2 GB RAM, Dual-Core Processor|
|Compatible||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP|
|Last Updated||10th August 2020|
Facetime provides one of the best video calling quality. Till now, it was available on ios and mac but there are methods using which you can download the facetime on pc.
Facetime for Windows PC (Using iOS iPadian)
To download facetime for PC. Follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you need an ios emulator for your windows pc.
- We would recommend you to download iPadian. It is one of the safest ios emulators.
- After that install and setup ipadian on your PC.
- Once it is done, open it. You will see the interface similar to the iPhone.
- Go to the app store and look for facetime and download it.
- You are all set to use a facetime app for windows pc.
Note: If you don’t have an apple id. Then you will have to create an apple id to sign in to the app store. You can easily create your apple id on iCloud and use it to login facetime for windows 10.
Download Facetime for your Windows using Vmware (Tried & Tested)
1. You need a macOS and VMware player file to run facetime on windows system.
2. Download the VMware player on your pc. Don’t download it from any other website than VMware official website.
3. Once VMware is downloaded. Extract the macos zip file using winrar.
4. Now, run VMware on pc and click on the virtual machine.
5. After clicking the “Open Virtual Machine”, you will see a new window which would ask you to upload the Macos file which you have extracted.
6. After the selection, click on “Edit Virtual Machine“
7. Now, it will ask you to select the number of processors and RAM.
8. As soon as you choose them, you have successfully installed VMware macos.
9. Now, you have to relaunch Virtual machine workstation and this time choose play virtual machine.
10. It would take approximately 5-7 minutes to see the Mac os setup screen.
11. Now, you just have to set up your macOS on your windows pc using the apple id. If you have not created the apple id yet. Create it using iCloud.
12. After the setup is complete. You just have to search for facetime and enjoy your facetime video call on windows pc.
You can also check out the detailed video of installing VMware player on windows pc:
How to Use Facetime on Mac computer?
Using FaceTime is super handy and easy. Here is a step by step simple method to follow if you are going to use it for the first time.
- When you open the FaceTime on your Mac computer, the first thing is to sign-in with Apple’s ID. Enter your ID and password and there you go. In case, you do not have an Apple ID there is nothing to panic. You make one instantaneously for free by clicking on the ‘Create New Account’ button.
- After signing-in a little message will show, confirming your ID. Click on the ‘Next’ button on the top right corner. And you are good to go.
- The contacts on your Apple ID will now show up and you are ready to have a call.
Note: These steps are just for the first time sign in. Once you are done sign-in, you do not have to repeat these steps every time you open FaceTime.
- For making a call, you should search the person’s email address on the search bar.
- When the person’s contact appears, select his/her name, and then click on the FaceTime icon. And you have just sent the call.
What makes Facetime so special?
1. Making Video Calls More Fun with Memoji and Animoji
A way to make your calls more interesting and full of fun you can create your own Memoji or Animoji.
Animoji is some of Apple’s own 3D animated emojis, which can transform you into different characters.
These are mostly animals and some other interesting characters like dragons. Whereas, a Memoji is your own personal cartoon character, which is designed to look exactly like you. The other person(s) on the call will be able to see listen to your audio but instead of your own face, they will that designed character.
2. Capture the Moments Using Live Photo Option
You can capture all the moments during a chat by using the Live Photo option in FaceTime. For having the Live Photo of the participants in a call, everyone would need to enable this option otherwise no person would be able to use this feature. To capture a photo, you tap on the screen and when the camera button pops up, tap on the button. The photo will be taken. Definitely, a simple way to snap a memory for life.
3. Group Call with FaceTime
If you want to see all of your friends and chat with them at the same time, or you want to conduct a virtual business meeting while enjoying a good quality video, then the Group FaceTime feature is what you really need it. This feature of group call was introduced in iOS 12 and up to 32 people can have a video or audio conversation using FaceTime.
Check out this video, if your Facetime App is not working or you read our guide on it.
Alternatives to FaceTime for PC (Windows)
If you don’t want to use our methods to get facetime for windows, then you can check out other alternatives of facetime app for android and windows computers.
Skype is one of the video calling app developed by Microsoft. that you can use to communicate with your friends and family. It has been used for business purposes as well. You can not only make an audio and video call, but also can send messages, photos, and videos. Skype also gives you an option to share your screen and exchange files. To connect with someone on skype, first, you sign up from a free account. Then you can add the people who you want to get connected. It also allows you to have a conference call with multiple users at a time. It is easy to use and the good thing of all, it is free.
Not matter if your friends and colleagues live right next to your door or in another station, there is another amazing application that you can use to get connected with them and hang out virtually. It is available for almost every device and operating system. For signing-in to this platform, you need a Google account, if you already have one the first step is done. You can call up to 25 people at a time at the same time. It also has many visual and sound effects that you can use for fun during a video call. It is a truly valuable application for business purposes and equally useful for personal networking.
Another fun way to connect to your near and dears is the Viber application. It can be used once you have signed up with your phone number. With Viber, you can share messages, stickers, photos and can have video and audio calls with your friends. With the option of having a group conversation, you can add up to 200 people in the chat group. With the Viber Public Chat feature, you can follow and get live updates about celebrities, news, music, and sports. With Viber Games you can check what your friends are playing and send them invites to play with you.
Facebook Messenger allows you to chat with your friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances at zero cost. You can make group conversations and can make have audio and video calls. One of the features that most of the users do not know about is the ‘Secret conversation’ option, where you can converse with the other person without anyone tracking down your chat. From the ‘Discover tab’ you can find many new games to play and pages to follow. Many new features like Facebook room and payments have also been added in Facebook Messenger for ease of users.
Kik messenger is one of the best apps for texting and video calls. If you are someone who likes to talk to strangers then Kik for pc is made for you. It is totally safe and allows you to group chat also.
Frequently Asked Questions on Facetime:
Q1: How do I download facetime for computer?
Ans: You don’t need to download facetime. Facetime comes pre-installed in the ios devices and mac computers.
Q2. Can you use Facetime on PC?
Ans: Yes, you can use facetime for on mac pc but it is not officially available for windows pc.
Q3. Can I FaceTime on my PC Windows 10 version?
Ans: Though the facetime app for windows is not available for PC. There are some users who claim to use facetime for windows pc using ios emulators.
Q4. Is FaceTime for PC legit?
Ans: You can use facetime on MAC pc but there are no reliable sources that say you can use facetime for your windows laptop.
Q5. Can you FaceTime with Skype?
Ans: No, you cannot facetime with skype. These are different applications used for video calling.
Q6. Can you facetime on android?
Related Post: Auto clicker for Windows